Timeline of business development
How Windrush looks today
- Two world class sites Cotsolds & London
- Passionate, deditcated and can do mindset
- Secure car storage, at it's absolute best
- One level of service - the best
New Motorhouse Built
Bespoke motorhouse split over two levels contructed at our Cotswolds HQ to handle continued high level demand for our service. Fully insulated, dehumidified, spacious bays for every vehcile. A proud addition to our world class facilities.
New detailing booth
Bespoke detailing booth created at our HQ in the Cotswolds to offer a filtered air cleanroom for all our in house detailing work.
New transport fleet
Two new vehicle transporters join the Windrush fleet giving us the capacity to relocate any vehicle from anywhere to anywhere.
Windrush London expands
The London team grows boosting it to four full time staff, onsite at our London facility 7 days a week.
Windrush upgrades to the new ISO9001:2015 standard
Windrush awarded the new ISO9001:2015 standard from the outgoing 2008 standard. This quality standard is to demonstrate that we are independently assessed to be operating to a set of standards and processes to reach the end goal of total client satisfaction.
30kvA Solar PV system installed generating 100% of daytime electricity
- 30kvA Solar PV system installed to generate 100% of daytime electricity consumed in Cotswolds HQ to charge car batteries, run our dehumidifiers and lights, often exporting a surplus to the grid head towards a carbon neutral business.
- Windrush London one year old and expands by 20% due to high demand.
Windrush opens new car storage facility in London
- Windrush opens new facility in W12 London, high security and controlled environment.
Windrush awarded ISO 9001 status
- Full time Detailer, Lachlan Chalmers, joins Windrush to offer in house treatments to our storage clients
- Full time General Manager, James Edgerton joins Windrush.
- Windrush award ISO9001 status, World first car storage business to achieve this certification.
Car storage facility doubled in size
- Motor-house 4 doubled in size with an extension.
- First full time member of staff, Simon McCullough, starts storage operations and transport.
- Part time staff, James Edgerton starts, storage operations and transport.
Electric car charging station installed
- Undercover wash area created to shade cars in the summer and shelter from the elements in the Winter. Equipped with hot water, bright lighting and valeting dispensary to improve a vital pre storage process.
- High capacity electric car charging station installed.
Dehumidifiers installed throughout
- Dehumidifiers installed throughout all areas to create the ideal environment for car storage (55%RH).
- Bespoke two storey Motor-house 4 created, fully climate controlled with floor to floor vehicle lift, on site office and meeting room.
- Every vehicle issued with a dedicated, intelligent battery conditioner.
30% more capacity
- Motor-house 3 created to add 30% more capacity.
- 30% of storage converted into controlled environment using Air Chambers.
Tim leaves Ferrari F1
- Tim leaves Ferrari F1 to work on Windrush full time.
- Brother Edward Earnshaw joins Tim in operations.
- Windrush begin operating in-house enclosed transport.
- Motor-house 2 created to double capacity.
The formation years
- Part time business (evenings and weekends) whilst Tim works with Ferrari Formula One, mother and father assist during the working week, Windrush operates in Motor-house 1.
2009 - 2004
Windrush is born
- Windrush born after founder Tim Earnshaw has a need to store his 'Morgan recreation' after five years of building from the ground up.
- Name generated from the River Windrush running through the family farm.