How it all started
Windrush is born
- Windrush born after founder Tim Earnshaw has a need to store his 'Morgan recreation' after five years of building from the ground up.
- Name generated from the River Windrush running through the family farm.
Part time business
- Part time business (evenings and weekends) whilst Tim works with Ferrari Formula One, mother and father assist during the working week, Windrush operates in Motor-house 1.
2004 - 2009
Tim leaves Ferrari
- Tim leaves Ferrari to work on Windrush full time.
- Brother Edward Earnshaw joins Tim in operations.
- Windrush begin operating in-house enclosed transport.
- Motor-house 2 created to double capacity.
30% more capacity
- Motor-house 3 created to add 30% more capacity.
- 30% of storage converted into controlled environment using Air Chambers.
Dehumidifiers installed throughout
- Dehumidifiers installed throughout all areas to create the ideal environment for car storage (55%RH).
- Bespoke two storey Motor-house 4 created, fully climate controlled with floor to floor vehicle lift, on site office and meeting room.
- Every vehicle issued with a dedicated, intelligent battery conditioner.
Electric car charging station installed
- Undercover wash area created to shade cars in the summer and shelter from the elements in the Winter. Equipped with hot water, bright lighting and valeting dispensary to improve a vital pre storage process.
- High capacity electric car charging station installed.
Car storage facility doubled in size
- Motor-house 4 doubled in size with an extension.
- First full time member of staff, Simon McCullough, starts storage operations and transport.
- Part time staff, James Edgerton starts, storage operations and transport.
Windrush awarded ISO 9001 status
- Full time Detailer, Lachlan Chalmers, joins Windrush to offer in house treatments to our storage clients
- Full time General Manager, James Edgerton joins Windrush.
- Windrush award ISO9001 status, World first car storage business to achieve this certification.
Windrush opens new car storage facility in London
- Windrush opens new facility in W12 London, high security and controlled environment.
- New staff join Windrush: Tim Newton, Chris Chambers, Allan Read & Zoe Moloney.
30kvA Solar PV system installed generating 100% of daytime electricity
- 30kvA Solar PV system installed to generate 100% of daytime electricity consumed in Cotswolds HQ to charge car batteries, run our dehumidifiers and lights, often exporting a surplus to the grid head towards a carbon neutral business.
- Windrush London one year old and expands by 20% due to high demand.
Irrespective of vehicle make, model or monetary value, every vehicle is given the utmost care and attention to detail. Windrush has a passion for providing the ultimate storage solution. Purpose designed, highly secure and dehumidified to look after your pride and joy in the best possible conditions. Anything less than this simply wouldn’t be good enough for Windrush.